Get the facts here
2012 public lands assessment
Lands Assessment Implementation Plan
for property in Alachua County
- Retaining 19,300 acres.
- Selling 36 acres and retaining easements to protect the lands’ conservation values.
- Surplusing to sell/exchange 136 acres that have lower conservation value, have land management issues, or are no longer needed for the original purpose of the acquisition.
- Converting 4,212 acres to alternative uses, such as leases allowing for forestry activities or peat removal.
- Properties recommended for sale with a conservation easement:
- Newnans Lake Conservation Area (36 of 7,572 acres)
- Properties identified as surplus to sell or exchange:
- Lochloosa Wildlife Conservation Area (136 of 10,608 acres)
- Properties recommended for alternative uses: