News, meetings and notices
In this section
Receive timely and pertinent information about the District, water resource issues, upcoming key meetings, opportunities for public input and involvement, events and water resource decisions affecting northeast and east-central Florida by email.
Get the facts about water resource issues in the news.
Subscribe to RSS (really simple syndication) feeds to receive current and updated information from the District.
Access the schedule of District meetings on a variety of subjects, including
- Temporary website outages
- Office closures
- Land closures
- Flooding information
- News and notices from other agencies and groups
District feature publications
Learn more about water resource issues and District programs and projects through the District’s feature publications. Read online or subscribe to receive a paper copy in the mail.
May 17, 2013
Update on Adena Springs Ranch permit application
St. Johns River Water Management District staff on May 17, 2013, sent a Request for Additional Information (RAI) to Adena Springs Ranch regarding its consumptive use permit application to withdraw 5.3 million gallons of water per day in Marion County. After reviewing the applicant’s most recent submittal of information, District staff determined that additional technical information is needed regarding the application.
The applicant has until Sept. 16, 2013, to respond to the RAI or to request an extension to the response time frame.
When the application is considered complete, District staff will determine if the requested allocation of water meets District permitting criteria.
Additional information about the permit application is available on the District’s Adena Springs CUP application web page.
- The North Florida Regional Water Supply Partnership Stakeholder Advisory Committee will meet at 1 p.m., May 20, at Florida Gateway College, Wilson S. Rivers Library and Media Center, 149 S.E. College Place, Building 200, Room 102, Lake City, FL 32025.
- The District will hold a consumptive use permitting statewide consistency rule development workshop at 1 p.m., May 22, at the City of Sanford, 300 North Park Ave., Sanford, FL 32771.
- The District will hold a consumptive use permitting statewide consistency rule development workshop at 9 a.m., May 23, at District headquarters, 4049 Reid St., Palatka, FL 32177.